Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cars 2

I would just like to thank my sweet friend Michaela http://michiheart.blogspot.com/ for teaching me how to make my blog not so blah! Now that it is all cute, I am much more motivated to write blogs! So I thought I would write one about the kids first trip to the movie theater last weekend!
We took them to see Cars 2, which was really cute by the way. We had been talking about it for a couple of weeks and the week leading up to the big night was super exciting. Everyday we had to discuss how many more sleeps until the movie. "After we sleep tonight we will go to Ms. Kristyn's house, then mommy will pick you up after lunch, then we come home and take a nap, then we have small group, then we sleep again..." etc etc. Everyday at dinner we had this talk.
Friday morning at breakfast I said, "Hey Nate guess what tonight is?" His face lit up and he said, "Is it already time to go to the race?" AKA go see Cars 2. He was so excited, he apparently talked about it all morning at his babysitter's house and was super excited when I arrived to pick him up. They barely took a nap at all because they were so excited about the movie and of course popcorn.
When we walked in the theater Nate's eyes spread wide when he saw how big the "TV" was. To our happy surprise the Pixar short film before the movie was a Toy Story short film! 4 bathroom breaks and a huge bag of popcorn later, the kids had seen their first movie in the theater. Nate has been racing around the house like Lightening McQueen ever since. It was so much fun.

Here are pics of the kids on the way to the theater. It was too dark inside for a good picture on my phone and my real camera is broken :(



No comments:

Post a Comment